Watch Now: How to Host Successful Employee Volunteer Events Despite the Pandemic
Host Volunteer Events Inclusive of Employees Who Work Remotely, in Person, in Hybrid Situations, and at All Levels of Your Company
Along with the case studies and examples presented in this presentation, you can also access a PDF copy of the presentation here.
How do you successfully host volunteer events despite the pandemic? Now and in the future, volunteer events will need to transform to include individuals who work remotely, in hybrid situations, in person, and at various levels of the company.
In this presentation, America's Charities President and CEO Jim Starr is joined by Give To Get's Account Director Amber Greviskes and Sr. Manager, Social Impact Programs Tory Woods in a discussion about:
- How the pandemic has affected employee volunteer campaigns from planning to implementation
- How to create an employee volunteer program that includes all types of employees from full-time corporate employees to hourly workers - and how to get all of your markets involved
- How to actually get people to act on their desire to volunteer through your comany's volunteer program
- How to determine the best type of virtual project for your group based on number of volunteers, interests, location, and availability
- The benefits and drawbacks of various virtual programs such as fundraisers, skills-based / project-based volunteering, skills-based / one-on-one interactions, and hands-on / group volunteering
- Tips to create an engaging environment for your volunteers regardless of the project such as driving and tracking program participation, seamless event flow and pacing, creating connection between volunteers and nonprofit partners, and channeling post-event energy into more action
- How companies can shift from measuring outputs and focus on actual outcomes and true impact
More Resources We Think You'll Like:
Whether you are planning your next volunteer event or just starting your program, below are some helpful guides and resources to help you:
- Common Mistakes Companies Make When Building a Social Impact Strategy
- How to Elevate Employee Engagement Through Workplace Volunteer Programs
- Best Practices for Virtual Volunteering
- How To Design an Inclusive Volunteer Program
- Volunteer Measurement Resources
Cause Months and Dates to Celebrate:
Plan your employee giving and volunteer events calendar around these commonly celebrated cause months and click here for America’s Charities-vetted 501c3 nonprofits to support.
Need help planning your event? Our friends at Give To Get are experts at this! Whether you want to plan a volunteer event around one of the cause months on this calendar or would like help with other events like leadership development programs, programs to welcome your employees back to office, or sales conferences, let Give To Get's team assist you. Learn how and get started.