America’s Charities and National Corporate Research Partner to Offer Discounted Charitable Solicitation Registration/Renewal and Related Services
By Lindsay Nichols on May 5, 2016
Washington, D.C. – May 5, 2016 – America’s Charities, the leader in workplace fundraising for nonprofits, today announced a new partnership with National Corporate Research, Ltd. (NCR) to provide America’s Charities’ nonprofit members a discount on NCR’s charitable solicitation registration and renewal services, sales tax exemption services, statutory representation and state corporate compliance services. The partnership is the latest in the benefits and discounted resources available to America’s Charities members.
“America’s Charities’ new partnership with National Corporate Research fills a critical need for the nonprofits we serve,” said Jim Starr, COO and Chief Business Development Officer of America’s Charities. “Our members spend precious time and resources on their charitable registration compliance every year. Our alliance with NCR, the leader in their field, helps to streamline those services at a discount. This is just another opportunity we provide our members to decrease costs while increasing effectiveness.”
NCR provides a complete range of services to help nonprofits manage and maintain their good standing with state charity offices in all jurisdictions. Their comprehensive (“white glove”) charitable registration compliance service ensures that all nonprofit annual reports, renewals, extensions and exemptions are properly filed on time with the required attachments. Their responsive service specialists are experienced with all state-specific forms, filing procedures, online filing systems, the Unified Registration Statement and required supplementary forms. America’s Charities members that take advantage of this partnership will be informed of new laws, rules, and procedures to ensure their organization’s ongoing compliance. NCR also offers a range of services at different price points to assist nonprofits that want to handle more of the process themselves.
America's Charities nonprofit members also have the opportunity to sign up for the comprehensive sales tax exemption services that NCR offers. Nonprofits are well aware of the complexity of state tax codes and the unclear regulation that can make it challenging to efficiently take advantage of available sales tax exemptions. Many districts disallow sales tax exemptions for some types of nonprofits or restrict them based on the use of goods/services or who is actually making payment. The lack of uniformity, not only from state to state, but also among different taxing authorities within a state, can result in nonprofits missing out on some tax exemptions. NCR offers to manage state and local tax exemption filings, allowing America’s Charities’ nonprofit members to save time and focus on more important goals.
NCR is also offering America’s Charities’ members discounted registered agent and state corporate compliance services, which can result in significant annual savings.
Discounts available to America’s Charities nonprofit members include:
Charity Registration and Sales Tax Exemption Services:
- 20% off retail price of $125/year for Nonprofit Fundraising Registration: Nolo’s 50-State Digital Guide, a groundbreaking digital subscription product which is updated quarterly with the latest information on new fundraising rules and requirements. You’ll pay only $100/year. Nonprofits that handle the entire fundraising registration process themselves will find this guide to be an invaluable source of information.*
- 10% off service fee for C3 Charitable Compliance CentralTM (C3 Central) Service-Company-Assisted Charitable Registration. This service enables nonprofits to complete charitable registration or renewal forms for all states online** with NCR handling the filing of the forms in the applicable charity offices.
- 20% off service fee for NCR’s “white glove” Charitable Registration Service. With this service, NCR will handle a nonprofit’s fundraising registration or renewal in all states from start to finish. NCR prepares and files the forms, extensions if needed, follows up with charity offices and provides the filing evidence upon completion of the process.
- 10% off service fee for Sales Tax Exemption filings, helping nonprofits prepare and file these applications in the applicable state revenue offices.
* Nonprofits that handle the charitable registration process themselves can also take advantage of NCR’s online form preparation system, C3 Central, at a cost of $50/state (1st state free; $900 max).
**C3 Central Service-Company-Assisted Charitable Registration requires a subscription to C3 Central.
State Corporate Compliance Services:
- 44% off service fee for Statutory Representation services – NCR acts as your registered agent in all states.
- 25% off service fee for Annual Report Compliance services – With this service, NCR will prepare, file and keep track of each state’s required corporate annual/periodic reports.
America’s Charities members wishing to take advantage of these discounts, please complete the form available at https://www.charities.org/partners/NCR.
"State fundraising and sales tax exemption registration can be difficult, confusing and costly processes for nonprofits," stated Ronald J. Barrett, Vice President of Nonprofit Services at National Corporate Research. "We are thrilled to offer these discounts to America’s Charities’ roster of nonprofit members, some of the most trusted, respected and highest-performing in the nation. We really want to reduce this administrative workload for nonprofits, which will allow them to focus on their missions. This is a huge step forward in achieving that goal."
America’s Charities has been helping nonprofits fundraise unrestricted, sustainable dollars through the workplace for 35 years, ultimately raising more than a half billion dollars for more than 10,000 nonprofits. Other benefits to their nonprofit membership program include full-scale funds management, convenient aggregation of their fundraising results, brand and message amplification, and the ability to tap into broad expertise within America’s Charities and across the nonprofit sector. To learn more about being an America’s Charities nonprofit membership program or take advantage of its member benefits, visit https://www.charities.org/become-member.
About America’s Charities
America’s Charities mobilizes the workforce to affect social change. We provide a wide range of fundraising solutions to help nonprofits expand their reach and diversify their revenue streams, and help employers maximize community impact and employee engagement through seamless integration of workplace giving, volunteering, social responsibility, and other philanthropic initiatives. Our 35+ years of experience combined with an accountable and transparent process has resulted in raising more than $650 million of sustainable funds for more than 10,000 nonprofits addressing a range of causes including education, human rights, hunger, poverty, research, animals, veterans, disaster relief and health services. Additional information about America’s Charities can be found at www.charities.org, as well as on our social media networks.
About National Corporate Research, Ltd.
Established in 1980, National Corporate Research, Ltd. (NCR) is a professional registered agent company that provides nationwide and international corporate, secured transactions, business license, real property, court, agency, and library services for all industries, including the nonprofit sector. NCR is qualified to act as registered agent in all 50 states and the District of Columbia and provides statutory representation and process agent services for tens of thousands of companies across the country. NCR also offers registered agent services in many other countries throughout the world. In addition to a Hong Kong office, NCR recently opened an office in the United Kingdom to better serve clients on international transactions. For more information, visit NCR’s website: www.nationalcorp.com.
National Corporate Research, Ltd.