Rebuilding Together Alexandria
Rebuilding Together DC • Alexandria is an award-winning, mission-driven organization that creates healthy neighborhoods for residents in Washington, DC and Alexandria, Virginia by:
• Maintaining housing for low-income homeowners
• Providing critical home repairs that eliminate health and safety hazards
• Renovating schools, parks, and other common spaces in underserved neighborhoods
• Creating homeownership opportunities
In doing so, we:
• Help DC and Alexandria residents – including families with children, older adults, individuals with disabilities, and veterans – continue to live safely and independently in their homes.
• Address home repair and maintenance issues that potentially present an immediate safety or health risk to local homeowners – thereby preventing unnecessary illness, disease, and perhaps even death.
• Maintain vibrant communities where people of all income groups and cultures live in safe and healthy homes.
• Prevent local homeowners from being one home maintenance bill away from a missed mortgage payment or bankruptcy or homelessness
Safe & Healthy Homes—free home repairs for low-income homeowners with a focus on home safety, health, and energy efficiency.
Safe at Home • DC—helps older adults and people with disabilities living in DC reduce the risk of falls in partnership with the DC Department of Aging and Community Living.
Community Strong—improves community spaces, schools, and non-profit facilities that serve a vulnerable population.
A Home of Your Own—in partnership with the Alexandria, we purchase/rehab/sell homes to first-time, low– and moderate-income buyers.