America's Charities inspires employees and organizations to support the causes they care about. We help nonprofits fundraise unrestricted, sustainable dollars through the workplace, and we help employers achieve their giving, engagement, and social impact goals. We do this to bring more resources to the nonprofits that are changing our world.
America's Charities is a 501(c)(3) membership-based nonprofit. We work at the nexus of employers, charities, and employee donors.
Since 1980, America's Charities has been a pioneer in giving and engagement. In 2020, America's Charities celebrated its 40th anniversary.
- From the onset, we believed employees should be given a choice; employees should never be 'voluntold' to donate their hard-earned money.
- We were among the first to transform employee workplace giving from strictly paper pledges to digital platforms.
- We knew early on that 'giving' didn't just mean monetary contributions--that's why we encourage donors to give their "time, talent, treasure, and testimony." Time, in terms of volunteering hours with nonprofits you love. Talent, in terms of donating your specific skillsets to advance a charity's mission. Treasure, in terms of actual charitable contributions. And treasure, in terms of becoming an advocate for the cause you care about.
- From the beginning, we recognized an employer's role in employee recruitment and engagement, we counseled our clients on the benefits and challenges of transitioning a traditional fall campaign to a year-round campaign, and we discussed why true workplace philanthropy happens inside and outside the walls of the workplace.
In our 40 years as a leader in employee giving, America's Charities has raised more than $750 million for more than 25,000 nonprofits addressing causes including education, human rights, hunger, poverty, research, animal welfare, veteran assistance, disaster relief, and health services.
America’s Charities helps the nation’s most trusted charities thrive by generating sustainable income through workplace giving and additional paths. We inspire employers and individuals to reach their philanthropic goals and support the charities of their choice.
America’s Charities is a major force in transforming and growing philanthropy.
If we succeed in our mission, we will raise $1 billion for worthy causes by 2026.
Who We Serve
- Charities – We help charities fundraise recurring, unrestricted, sustainable dollars through the workplace. Nonprofits looking to expand their participation in workplace giving and employee engagement programs partner with us as a member of America's Charities, Children First – America’s Charities, Health First – America’s Charities, or Community First – America’s Charities. Click here for a printable list of our members.
- Employers – We help employers achieve their giving, engagement, and social impact goals. Employers seeking to build or boost a strong culture; engage their employees and help them find purpose and meaning; attract, recruit, and retain talent; and ultimately achieve better corporate profitability and social impact, partner with America's Charities to launch or revitalize their workplace giving programs. We offer employers a suite of employee giving software packages, tools, and resources.
- Employee Donors – Through our work with charities and employers, we inspire individual donors to connect with great causes, support nonprofits in a recurring, sustainable manner, and make a personal, social impact.
- We offer a full suite of employee giving and engagement tools, including easy-to-use workplace giving technology platforms ranging from a straightforward, out-of-the-box option, to a comprehensive platform that integrates social media, crowdfunding, team volunteering, and more. Each of our solutions is tailored to fit an employer's specific needs and social impact goals, and deliver personalized, highly social online giving experiences.
- We generate sustainable unrestricted financial support for member charities through the Combined Federal Campaign (CFC), state and local giving campaigns and private sector workplace giving campaigns.
- We provide charitable funds management services to nonprofits and private and public sector employers while maintaining a resolute commitment to transparency and accountability.
- We provide comprehensive consulting services with expertise in employee engagement, corporate social responsibility (CSR), workplace giving program and strategy development, benchmarking, analysis, and more.
- We help companies support their employees in times of distress and hardship through Employee Assistance Funds (EAFs), also known as Employee Relief Funds or Employee Crisis Funds. By working with us, a company increases its flexibility around the types of hardships the fund can cover and lowers its administrative burdens..
The success of America's Charities is derived from an engaged board of directors and a dedicated staff. Together, our work is guided by these core values:
Culture of Collaboration and Excellence: By passionately working together with all stakeholders, we challenge each other to achieve the highest levels of professional excellence.
Dedication to Diversity and Integrity: Embracing diversity and delivering the utmost value to our stakeholders, we believe integrity is the foundation of our individual and collective actions that drives an organization of which we are proud.
Commitment to Engagement and Connectivity: With an innovative and empowering spirit, we engage all stakeholders, and the greater society at large, through solutions and ideas that shape social responsibility trends and advance sustainable, effective philanthropy.
To learn more about our solutions for employers and nonprofits, click here to contact us.
Click here to learn about our team and office locations.