$50 makes it possible for NARAL to send voter registration forms to 75 voters. $100 helps NARAL provide transportation for one day of voter canvassing.
NARAL Pro-Choice America Foundation
NARAL Pro-Choice America Foundation was established in 1977 to provide a policy and educational complement to sister organization NARAL Pro-Choice America’s work fighting for everyone’s right to choose if and when to have children. Fueled by a strong conviction that the personal reproductive health decisions of women and pregnant people are theirs alone, NARAL’s foundation gives voice to the 8 in 10 Americans who believe abortion should remain legal and accessible. With more than 4 million members representing every state in the union, we are on the front lines of the fight to preserve and expand reproductive freedom and abortion access in the 21st century. We believe in the power of people to make a difference, and we help to drive that change by educating Americans about the threats to reproductive freedom and holding bad actors accountable at every level. With members all across the country, NARAL works to ensure an environment that guarantees everybody the right to informed and empowered choices.
NARAL works at the national and state level, using our grassroots power, communication strategies, and policy prowess to push government to protect and advance reproductive freedom and abortion access. NARAL has a network of supporters ready to take action at a moment’s notice. NARAL works each day to organize and mobilize for access to abortion care, birth control, pregnancy and postpartum care, and paid family leave. NARAL is working toward a future where everybody — no matter who they are, where they live, or what they believe — has the freedom to make their own decisions about whether to start or grow a family.
What we do:
- Fight against anti-choice attacks and hold bad actors accountable at the national and local levels, while working to protect and expand reproductive freedom and abortion access across the country.
- Educate people about the issues affecting our reproductive freedom, and the impact they have on the lives of women and families.
- Shift the cultural discourse around abortion access specifically, and reproductive freedom generally, to end the stigma and shame that some place on basic health services and that hinder women and pregnant people from accessing the care they need.
- Mobilize our members to expand access in their communities so that a person’s ability to access abortion care isn’t subject to their ZIP code, income level, or race.
- Create a vocal resistance against anti-choice attacks and hold opponents accountable at the national and state level, while advocating to protect and expand reproductive freedom and abortion access in our country.
- Educate and increase awareness of reproductive freedom issues, and how they affect women and families, through campaigns such as Reality of Roe.
- Organize, mobilize, and grow our base at the local and national level, leveraging our voices to make sure officials and the courts hear from the people they represent.
- Our Government Relations Department tracks policies that affect abortion access, including tracking several hundred bills each year and anti-choice restrictions on reproductive healthcare throughout the U.S.
- Pioneer innovative research that is uncovering new ways to reach all of the people we need in this fight; NARAL is a leader in messaging and opposition research within the broader progressive movement.