Nonprofit Coordinator, Employee Assistance Funds & Memberships (Full Time, Remote)
By America's Charities on November 1, 2023
Position Title: Nonprofit Coordinator, Employee Assistance Funds & Memberships
Reports to: Program Director, Employee Assistance Funds & Scholarships
Job Type: Full-time, remote
Hours: 37.5 hours/week
Who We Are
For a third year in a row, America’s Charities has been recognized by the NonProfit Times and Best Companies Group as one of the 50 Best Nonprofits to Work for, and we are looking for an experienced, versatile person to join our team.
Empowering employers and their employees to help each other and the community around them is at the heart of everything America’s Charities does. As a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt public charity, America’s Charities has raised and distributed more than $800 million for more than 25,000 nonprofits globally through the workplace giving, matching gifts, and volunteer programs we manage each year for corporate, federal, state, and local government employers. These campaigns provide a critical source of unrestricted, sustainable funding nonprofits rely on each year to keep their doors open and address a wide range of causes including education, environmental protection, human and civil rights, hunger, poverty, research and health services, animal welfare, veteran assistance, and disaster relief. In addition to facilitating charitable giving initiatives that support nonprofits, including America’s Charities alliance of 100+ of the nation’s most reputable 501(c)(3) organizations, we help companies support their workforce financially through Employee Assistance Funds (EAFs). Since piloting its EAF services to a handful of businesses in 2019, America’s Charities has grown this new service substantially facilitating more than 150 new Employee Assistance Funds (EAFs) for employers to date, managing more than $20 million in grants designated to help employees cope with unexpected hardships. Hardships can be caused by a range of circumstances including disasters and other qualifying events causing financial need and distress due to their impact on the ability to meet basic needs (such as food and shelter), e.g., unexpected medical illness or injury. Many employers establish these funds to assist their employees with the financial challenges these types of events present.
The CE Coordinator is responsible for providing support in the management of non-profit member and employer client relationships and programs. Additionally, the Coordinator is responsible for reviewing membership applications, EAF application materials, and supporting documentation and curing deficiencies for final review by committee (Executive & Review Committee) in accordance with applicable policy. This is a full-time position.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Reviews, evaluates, and prepares assigned EAF client applications and member applications for review and approval by America’s Charities Committees and submits applications to public and private sector campaigns as assigned.
- Reviews and manages relationships, campaign/policy regulations, and charitable registration and application requirements in assigned non-profit member and EAF client accounts.
- Responds to general application and policy questions from members and EAF applicants
- Supports member and client accounts, including EAF fund balance tracking and acts as a liaison for the Client Engagement team when issues arise and/or assistance is needed
- Create and provide monthly reporting and invoicing to EAF clients and internal teams
- Independently represents America’s Charities and its members to the public at large
- Performs other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required plus 1-3 years of experience in customer service or client service role
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills, including ability to communicate effectively and interact with clients and their employees
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate and prioritize
- Solution-focused and detail oriented with the ability to be work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Team player with the ability to build effective working relationships throughout all levels of the organization
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office applications and CRM - Customer relationship management – systems); adept at learning new technologies
- Spanish speaking, financial background and strong excel skills are a plus
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Remote work
Interested applicants please apply and submit your resume on Indeed.
No phone calls or recruiter inquiries. America’s Charities is an equal opportunity employer.