Premier education partner developing college and career ready youth. With a 70-year history, we have impacted the lives of more than 10 million students, educators and business professionals.
DECA (Distributive Education Clubs of America Inc.)
DECA is a premier education partner developing college and career ready youth. Our comprehensive learning model is co-curricular, built upon the National Model Curriculum Framework, cross-walked to Common Core Standards and supportive of 21st Century Skills.
We are specifically authorized by the United State Congress, the federal and states' Departments of Education as integral to delivering effective career education. Over 235,000 high school and college students in all 50 United States, U.S. territories and nine additional countries, participate in DECA' programming, annually, through instruction delivered by a state-certified teacher.
DECA's Comprehensive Learning Program:
- Integrates into Classroom Instruction: An integral component of classroom instruction, DECA activities provide authentic, experiential learning methods to prepare members for college and careers.
- Applies Learning: DECA members put their knowledge into action through rigorous project-based activities that require creative solutions with practical outcomes.
- Connects to Business: Partnerships with business at local and broader levels provide DECA members with realistic insight into industry and promote meaningful, relevant learning.
DECA prepares the next generation to be:
- Academically Prepared: DECA members are ambitious, high-achieving leaders equipped to conquer the challenges of their aspirations.
- Community Oriented: Recognizing the benefit of service and responsibility to the community, DECA members continually impact and improve their local and broader communities.
- Professionally Responsible: DECA members are poised professionals with ethics, integrity and high standards.
- Experienced Leaders: DECA members are empowered through experience to provide effective leadership through goal setting, consensus building and project implementation.
With a 70-year history, DECA has impacted the lives of more than ten million students, educators, school administrators and business professionals. For these reasons, and many other, our internationally renowned business partners consider DECA a favored sustainability partner in achieving their corporate and social responsibility goals.